If we are seriously concerned about American departure from our founding fathers' Christian values, we should help fellow Americans to take a stand!
HELP in fighting abominations in God's sight (homosexuality, abortion, etc.). If a Bill is passed to remove the 200 year old ban on homosexuals in the U.S. military that permits such in the military, it will no doubt:
1) Destroy the fighting spirit of the troops.
2) Ruin combat effectiveness.
3) Create an unnecessary strain on military discipline.
4) Violate sexual privacy for service members.
5) Force "re-education" sessions for service men and women, designed to change alleged "homophobic" tendencies and to alter their fundamental values.
6) Force chaplains to undergo "sensitivity training" and "re-education" classes designed to strip away any moral objections to homosexuality.
7) Adversely affect military housing situations (at taxpayer's expense).
If such law and others which are being promoted got into effect will it promote legislation:
l) Gay marriages.
2) To exempt gays from "aids" testing and public notification.
3) For adoption of "same sex" children.
4) Of gays to a "preferred status" where it is against the law to even voice an opinion against their sexual preferences.
5) To lower the age of sexual consent for teens from ages 18 to 12 for gay relationships.
6) Requiring gays to be part of "hiring quotas" in government employment along with women and minorities.
7) Requiring "gayism" to be taught in the public school system at all grade levels as an alternative lifestyle with some instructions by gays themselves.
8) Overload the military's medical and health care system which will affect current military personnel and their families.
9) Reduce VA benefits and veterans' access to hospitals and health care.
10) Greatly increase the federal government's financial burden to deal with sexually transmitted diseases and care for aids patients, not to mention increasing the possibility of a contaminated blood supply.
God has already spoke on the matter of morality:
1) II Chron. 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land".
2) Psalms 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance".
3) Proverbs 14:34 "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people".
Our letters and phone calls to our elected legislators are needed more today than ever before. If each of us would spend a few dollars in stamps and on phone calls, it could turn this nation around. However, just a few doing the writing and calling will not do it!
Please remember when calling and writing to be certain to be kind, but yet firm upon your Christian convictions that homosexuality and abortion is immoral. You as a taxpayer are paying these legislators to speak for you, thus tell them what you believe to be right, correct, proper and moral.
Yours For A Better America,
Hoyt W. Allen, Jr.